Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Foods of the World Unite!

Strangely enough, I've found that Utah has some of the best eateries in the country. Maybe it's the below-poverty-level minumum wage, or maybe it's the Mormons with all of the mouths to feed. Either way, it makes for an excellent trip.

I'm heading off to Utah today for my cousin's wedding, and I am getting super excited about the foods I will partake of. Here's a little sampling of the places I enjoy most in the City of the Salty Lake:

  1. Curry in a Hurry: Possibly the best fast-Indian food I've ever eaten. The people are so incredibly nice, and it's usually 2 meals worth. Not to mention the declious Naan...there are 2 locations, both on main street I believe, one downtown and one on 2100 south
  2. Cafe Rio/Costa Vida: Utah staple. It's quite arguable as to which is better, but I think they both have their perks. Cafe Rio has a superior salad, but Costa Azul has the mango salsa. Combine the two and they'd be unstopable. 
  3. Noodles and Co.: Nowhere but Utah can you find an inbetweeny fast food/sit down restaurant, let alone dozens. Here they have all sorts of noodley dishes from Italian to Thai, and every country inbetween. 
Look forward to more entries with specifics about the dining delights.

No comments: